Since its inception, the company has used sustainable farming and green practices to create organic products, long before “green” was fashionable! They are committed to reducing their carbon footprint, throughout the whole process of harvest, production, packaging, delivery and administration.
The ingredients farm in Hungary is powered by solar and wind energy and geothermal heating is used in the laboratory. Planting and harvesting are done by hand and natural plant preservation techniques such as honey traps are used instead of toxic chemical pesticides.
Éminence products are held in plastic containers that are made from recycled, non-toxic plastic and are packaged in cartons using FSC certified post-consumer recycled material.
Both the plastic containers and outer packaging can be further recycled. Vegetable-based inks are used in printing.
Thank you for investing in your skin with Eminence - and thank you for also helping to keep the planet beautiful!
Now Éminence has a new initiative, to plant one tree for every product sold, through Forests for the Future.
Did you know the importance of a single tree?
- Produces approximately 260 pounds of oxygen per year.
- Absorbs as much carbon in a year as a car produces driving 26,000 miles.
- Helps lower air temperature and helps prevent climate change.
- Stabilizes the soil and prevents wind and soil erosion through its roots.
- Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration.